How Do You Spell ZEUS?
Correct spelling for the English word "zeus" is [ zjˈuːs] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for zeus
Below is the list of 6 misspellings for the word "zeus". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- zeus's (3.0%)
- zeuse's (2.0%)
- zenus (4.0%)
- zuess (1.0%)
- zeux (2.0%)
- zues (87.9%)
Usage Examples for zeus
- Zeus Lord of all! - "The Seven Plays in English Verse" by Sophocles
- If we are willing that he should have a similar reaction upon the story of Zeus and the Titans, if we are willing that he should lay this down, too, among the foundations of his religious life, by all means tell it. - "Literature in the Elementary School" by Porter Lander MacClintock
- Philosophy, who had been commissioned by Zeus to bring healing and peace to human life in all its confusion and ignorance and violence, then unfolds the tale of her wrongs. - "Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius" by Samuel Dill
- For by Providence they meant the leading principle or mind of the whole, and by Zeus as distinguished from Providence, this mind together with the cosmos, which was to it as body. - "A Little Book of Stoicism" by St George Stock
- Zeus stands somewhat apart. - "Five Stages of Greek Religion" by Gilbert Murray