How Do You Spell ZIRCONIUM?
Correct spelling for the English word "zirconium" is [ zɜːkˈə͡ʊni͡əm] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for zirconium
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "zirconium". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- zircomium (20.0%)
- zirconia (80.0%)
Usage Examples for zirconium
- It isn't quite what I want though, because the disintegrating rays which the ring discharge gives out break down the zirconium which isn't an end- product of radioactivity. - "The Man Who Rocked the Earth" by Arthur Train Robert Williams Wood
- The use of zirconium has been in an experimental state, and known sources of supply have been ample for all requirements. - "The Economic Aspect of Geology" by C. K. Leith
- It was zirconia, a compound of zirconium of course. - "The Beast of Space" by F.E. Hardart
- For such purposes the alloy ferrozirconium is used, which carries 25 to 35 per cent zirconium metal. - "The Economic Aspect of Geology" by C. K. Leith
- Experimental work seems to show possibilities of a very considerable use of zirconium as a steel alloy; indeed, results are so suggestive that during the war the government conducted an active campaign of investigation with a view to using it in ordnance and armor steel. - "The Economic Aspect of Geology" by C. K. Leith