How Do You Spell ZONED?
Correct spelling for the English word "zoned" is [ zˈə͡ʊnd] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Zoned
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "Zoned". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- soned (33.3%)
- zonded (33.3%)
- zonen (33.3%)
Usage Examples for Zoned
- The caps are very irregular in shape, curved, repand, radiately furrowed, sometimes zoned gray, or hair- brown in color, with a perceptibly hairy surface, the hairs running in lines on the surface. - "Studies of American Fungi. Mushrooms, Edible, Poisonous, etc." by George Francis Atkinson
- This miniature and silent city, whose straight and regular streets are lined in turn with miniature apartment houses of merchandise, is zoned into six great zones. - "The Romance of a Great Store" by Edward Hungerford
- Hence some of the slate rocks have become " micaceous; others more indurated, and with the characters of mica- slate and gneiss; while others again appear converted into a hard zoned rock strongly impregnated with feldspar." - "The Student's Elements of Geology" by Sir Charles Lyell
- It has only been recently, during the study of the breccias alluded to in page 186, that I have fully seen the extent to which this singular force often modifies rocks in which at first its influence might hardly have been suspected; many apparent conglomerates being in reality formed chiefly by segregation, combined with mysterious brokenly- zoned structures, like those of some malachites. - "The Ethics of the Dust" by John Ruskin
- After them, tumultuous rushing, Mob, and medley, crowd, and crushing; And the hungry file of priests, Loosely zoned for larger feasts. - "Fringilla: Some Tales In Verse" by Richard Doddridge Blackmore