How Do You Spell ZONES?
Correct spelling for the English word "zones" is [ zˈə͡ʊnz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for zones
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "zones". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- zons (50.0%)
- zomes (50.0%)
Usage Examples for zones
- Thus gypsum is found in the oxide zones of some ore bodies. - "The Economic Aspect of Geology" by C. K. Leith
- Through two oceans and three zones fifteen thousand miles without mishap, the Oregon sailed in fifty- nine days. - "History of California" by Helen Elliott Bandini
- The first impression which is made upon the traveller coming from our own beautiful hedgerows and pastures, or from the richly cultivated plains of Transylvania, is that agriculture is slovenly and neglected, and that impression is never wholly lost in whatever direction he may travel; although, as we shall see presently, the higher zones are much more carefully cultivated. - "Roumania Past and Present" by James Samuelson
- The hurrying clouds, driven from the eastward, draped in deep folds the higher zones of the sky, with here and there a few stars peeping through. - "The Adventures of a Special Correspondent" by Jules Verne
- They sent expeditions to fight her and divided her territory into zones of influence, although China was never guilty of an aggressive attitude toward them, as she was toward Japan. - "The Inside Story Of The Peace Conference" by Emile Joseph Dillon