How Do You Spell ZOO?
Correct spelling for the English word "zoo" is [ zˈuː] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for zoo
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "zoo". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- zo (40.0%)
- zooo (60.0%)
Usage Examples for zoo
- And people look at you as if you were something out of a Zoo - "Captain Jim" by Mary Grant Bruce
- A striking example of the consequences of the latter state of being is shown by " Barbara," that thrillingly attractive Polar bear in the Zoo whose twelfth and thirteenth infants were only the other day condemned to follow their brothers and sisters to an early grave through their parents'- and especially their mother's- gross stupidity about their bringing- up and welfare. - "Three Things" by Elinor Glyn
- Well, at the Zoo there is humour from the inside looking out, as well as from the outside looking in. - "Walking-Stick Papers" by Robert Cortes Holliday
- And when he was in Calcutta with his ship I would be put in the Zoo so that the Sahibs from all parts might hear my speech. - "The Sa'-Zada Tales" by William Alexander Fraser
- But in my zoo the doors open from the inside, not from the out. - "The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle" by Hugh Lofting