How Do You Spell BELLES?
Correct spelling for the English word "belles" is [ bˈɛlz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BELLES
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "BELLES". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- bellys (100.0%)
Usage Examples for BELLES
- There are two distinct academies- one for " Science and the Belles Lettres"- the other for agriculture and commerce. - "A Bibliographical, Antiquarian and Picturesque Tour in France and Germany, Volume One" by Thomas Frognall Dibdin
- The freedom of manner, which is general here, astonished me not a little; and in the course of further observation, I find that reserve is not the characteristic of the Spanish belles who are, in general, very handsome, with large black eyes, and very fine forms. - "The Story of Seville" by Walter M. Gallichan
- Well educated, a gifted writer and fascinating conversationalist, witty and winsome, she was popular in society and one of the belles of the celebrated " Mischianza", which was given May 18, 1778, by the British officers in honor of General Lord Howe upon his departure for England. - "The Colonial Architecture of Philadelphia" by Frank Cousins Phil M. Riley
- She's fair crammed like a Strasburg goose wi' the belles lettres. - "The Dew of Their Youth" by S. R. Crockett
- In the field of belles lettres there is at the present time a number of other talented authors. - "Norwegian Life" by Ethlyn T. Clough