How Do You Spell HACKNEYED?
Correct spelling for the English word "hackneyed" is [h_ˈa_k_n_ɪ_d], [hˈaknɪd], [hˈaknɪd]] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for HACKNEYED
Below is the list of 4 misspellings for the word "hackneyed". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for HACKNEYED
- It is they who find his tales twice told and himself hackneyed unless they have been trained to like his personal quality by their elders - "Imaginary Interviews" by W. D. Howells
- And after all it is a hackneyed remark that the best instructed girl will have less learning than a school boy and why should vanity operate in her case more than in his - "Coelebs In Search of a Wife" by Hannah More
- I can sketch her in for you rather simply because of the hackneyed lines of her very very old story - "The Vertical City" by Fannie Hurst
- Many of us feel that he is breathing into a language grown trite from hackneyed usage the inspiration of a quickened life - "Red Fleece" by Will Levington Comfort
- But there is something about these men not hackneyed as a theme which is their youth - "On Something" by H. Belloc