How Do You Spell BABES?
Correct spelling for the English word "babes" is [ bˈe͡ɪbz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for BABES
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "BABES". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- babys (100.0%)
Usage Examples for BABES
- Sorry were we to lose such charming companions, especially as now indeed we become as Babes in the Wood, knowing nothing of the land, its customs, or its language! - "A Holiday in the Happy Valley with Pen and Pencil" by T. R. Swinburne
- She who takes her dogs to bed, and nurses them with a parade of sensibility when sick, will suffer her babes to grow up crooked in a nursery. - "Mary Wollstonecraft" by Elizabeth Robins Pennell
- She had grown up with the same sweet, unselfish nature though, and old affection for little children that had been so remarkable even in her early years; only that now she was able to be out among them all, and she might frequently be seen, the centre of a group of eager school children, all striving for her notice, while the babes in the cottages, who could not speak yet, would greet her with a crow and a spring as they were taken in her gentle arms. - "Tales of the Toys, Told by Themselves" by Frances Freeling Broderip
- But neither of the married daughters had the smallest influence with him; Sir Henry Chicksands had been sent about his business; Major Mannering was out of favour, and Desmond and Pamela were but babes - "Elizabeth's Campaign" by Mrs. Humphrey Ward
- And if Cosimo had brought her no wonder, neither had her babes - "A Crooked Mile" by Oliver Onions